Copyright Lawyers Sydney
A copyright protects the unique way an idea or information is communicated but does not the protect the original idea itself. It protects things like books, films, music, artworks and newspapers/magazines.
Copyrights work differently to other IP. The second an idea or creative endeavor is documented on paper or electronically, it is automatically protected by copyright in Australia under the Copyright Act 1968.
They are NOT administered by IP Australia.
The responsibility of copyrights belongs to the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications.
You can apply for a ‘Copyright Notice’ to help prove ownership of the creative concept, though this is not necessary for protection it can help act as a deterrent for cheeky copycats. It also helps to have a ‘Copyright Notice’ when taking someone to court for a Copyright Breach. This is where we step in and make sure you have all your bases covered.
At Green & Associates Solicitors, what sets us apart is our addiction to not only achieving your target or goal, but doing it in the quickest, cheapest and most impressive way possible. Each and every one of our clients can expect that from us in every matter we undertake.
We are a law firm located on the border of Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs and the CBD, and have a notable 97% success rate. With over 45 years combined experience and over 1,700 cases, we have the knowledge, skill and experience to achieve the result you want. It is our practicality, honesty, transparency, genuineness, determination, devotion and tenacity that sets us apart in choosing who to protect your interests when dealing with trademarks. If you or someone you know helps legal advice regarding their trademark or needs helps registering a trademark, contact our team today for a free initial consultation, and take the first step to securing the legal advice and assistance you deserve.
We speak your language, and have an ability to understand the nuances of even niche or novel business concepts or personal dilemmas quickly and concisely. We take a strategic & practical approach, and our clients are always pleased with how quickly we cut through the red tape and get the job done.
Green & Associates Solicitors Experience and Success
- Our lawyers negotiated a settlement in a copyright dispute where the lead character in a film was made in the likeness of our client without prior notice or consent;
- We have negotiated a settlement in a copyright dispute where the client’s literary and art works were stolen and reproduced commercially;
- Our commercial lawyers have published articles and spoken at leading university start-up programs on copyright infringement and protection;
- Our lawyers have used skills and experience regularly to protect copyright created in the form of unregisterable IP through contracts.
- We acted for a well known music recording artist, mostly known from X Factor, in an international trademark dispute over stage name;
- We applied for and secured trademarks domestically and abroad, even with competition in other classes;
- We purchased names and logos from trademark holders overseas;
- We have established and protected names, logos and certification trademarks;
- We acted for a medical practice over the use of a similar name in the same suburb;
- We acted for a tile manufacturer to permanently injunct a competitor who set up across the road with a similar name and almost identical logo;
- We have achieved dozens of out-of-court settlements by obtaining undertakings and cease actions from infringers
We also provide in-house advice to companies on a range of matters, including:
- employment-law issues (i.e. enforcing or dispute a restraint of trade clause for previous or new employees);
- compliance and regulatory issues (i.e. licencing and underquoting breaches)
- criminal matters;
- property matters;
- defamation proceedings; and
- all types of commercial matters (i.e. drafting shareholder agreements).