Robbery & Theft Defence Lawyers Sydney
Robbery and Theft Charges | Leading Criminal Defence Lawyers
In simple terms, robbery is a sort of hybrid offence containing elements of larceny and assault. Theft is taking someone’s property, but it does not necessarily involve force or threat.
Covered under Section 94-98 of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW), Robbery is when:
There must be an unlawful taking and carrying away of property with the intention of permanently depriving the owner or person in lawful possession thereof. The property must be taken without the consent of the latter, and “consent” obtained by force or by threat (putting that person in fear of violence) is no consent. It may be necessary to direct the jury as to other elements of the offence of larceny depending on the circumstances of the particular case. For instance, a claim of right may be raised.
2. The property must be taken —
(i) From the person of another;
(ii) In the presence of another;
(iii) From the immediate personal care and protection of another.
3. The property must be taken by actual violence or by putting the owner or person in lawful possession in fear of actual violence. Section 94 also creates offences of “assault with intent to rob” and “steal from the person”.
No matter what the degree, we are addicted to not only winning or achieving the best plea deal possible (depending on the case and your instructions), but doing it in the quickest, cheapest, and most impressive way possible. Each and every one of our clients can expect that from us in every matter we undertake.
We are a law firm located on the border of Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs and the CBD and have a notable 97% success rate. With over 20 years combined experience and over 1,000 cases, we have the knowledge, skill, and experience to achieve the result you want. It is our practicality, honesty, transparency, genuineness, determination devotion and tenacity that sets us apart in choosing who to protect your interests when dealing with your robbery and theft charge.
Our team has worked on complex trials for robbery and theft charges, matters pushing the creation of new precedents, and even matters in the High Court, and we have the knowledge, skill and experience allows us to approach charges of all types with ease and transparency, to alleviate anxiety and achieve the desired result.
We have close, excellent relationships with some of the best criminal barristers for robbery and theft charges in Sydney, ranging from junior counsel through to senior counsel, and we are known to and respected by judicial officer, our peers, prosecutors, Police, and other officials. We leverage these relationships to leave no stone unturned and ensure you have the best prospects for a plea deal or a defended trial when facing an robbery and theft charge, whichever way you decide to proceed following our honest advice.
We speak your language, have an ability to identify and advance even the most invisible defence strategies quickly and skilfully. We take a strategical & practical approach, and our clients are always pleased with how quickly we cut through the red tape and get the job done.
Green & Associates Solicitors Experience and Success
- We recently acted in a lengthy committal hearing concerning the robbery of a well-known car dealership;
- Our defence lawyers have had several charges for break and enter thrown out for unreliable grainy CCTV footage;
- We have successfully obtained acquittal in festival ticket robbery case.
At Green & Associates Solicitors, we act for the full range of matters that relate to employment law. We are uniquely placed to advise and act for any person or business.
We provide in-house advice to companies on a range of matters, including:
- employment-law issues (i.e. enforcing or dispute a restraint of trade clause for previous or new employees);
- compliance and regulatory issues (i.e. licencing and underquoting breaches)
- criminal matters;
- property matters;
- defamation proceedings; and
- all types of commercial matters (i.e. drafting shareholder agreements).
Contact us (02) 8080 7585 if you require support with any commercial matters or legal advice.